Friday, March 16, 2012

The Luck of the Irish


The J-School is on spring break, and for the most part, the weather has been gorgeous. Sundresses, fresh flowers, fresh produce---the air hums of spring. But I've been cooped up inside a building, snacking on biscuits and juice to get my sugar up while working on my master's project (ironically, which is on obesity). I can't wait to throw on a pair of shorts and running shoes and make my way through Central Park. But you know what they say about Irish luck---I sure hope it doesn't rub off on me! I need to get out for some sunshine.


It's also St. Patrick's Day tomorrow, and there'll be plenty of drunken revelers around town drinking green beer and wearing sparkly green hats. Me? I'll be shooting for a documentary, and hopefully sneaking in a visit to a museum or a good dinner. And probably mass at St. Patrick's Cathedral, just because.


I also really want to try the Shamrock Shake. I know, I know. It's all artificial ingredients---food coloring and high fructose corn syrup, things I normally avoid like the plague. But I love mint, and I love milkshakes. I make a homemade version with better ingredients, but it kind of ruins the fun and limited-edition spirit of the thing.


So, should I go for broke and haul myself to McDonald's?


2 comments:

Y-E-S! Please let me know if it's good :)

Ah the Shamrock shake. Nothing beats downing a beverage that glows an eerie green. Please tell me you had it.

Post a Comment